What is a "Rotogravure"?

rotogravure |ˌrōtəgrəˈvyoŏr|
a printing system using a rotary press with intaglio cylinders, typically running at high speed and used for long print runs of magazines and stamps.
• a sheet or magazine printed with this system, esp. the color magazine of a Sunday newspaper.
ORIGIN early 20th cent.: from German Rotogravur, part of the name of a printing company.

Leave a comment.

comments powered by Disqus